Over the last 3 days I've done some sanding to the heel to adjust the low action. Twice removing wood from the top of the heel. Then, somehow, I went too far and the action ended up being a little over 7/64"!! I could have just made lower saddles, but I thought the height of the strings above the body was good as is. So I went back to the normal sanding of the bottom of the heel and got the action down to about 3/32". Not bad, maybe just a hair high.
Before that I noticed part of the buzzing was because somehow the 4th & 5th frets were slightly high. I don't know how that happened since I thought I had perfectly levelled the fretboard a few weeks earlier. So I sanded them a bit lower.
AND, the nut was high (hadn't been finalized) so I sanded that lower. And went a little too far. The E is still a bit high, the A is good, and the D & G are slightly low.
THEN, I noticed the nylon core of the E string had broken!!! It's still holding tension so I just tuned it up and put it away. Done for now, until I can get another set of strings. This just isn't my day!!!!
I added 4 sticky label shims under the treble side of the nut & sanded a taper on the bottom. Sanded & waxed the saddles. Installed truss rod cover. Installed strings! Well, technically IT'S DONE!!! It still needs a shim under the fretboard, finish on the neck, and the headstock YAMABASS logo. The action is 5/64” all strings. Neck is relief is good for the E string, but only a few thousandths for the rest, the nylon core strings don't have enough tension to bend the neck. Neck projection over the bridge is 1/8” E & G. Nut action is good.
This will be the headstock logo. It's a modified Yamaha tuning fork logo (bent into a Y) and adding the bass clef.
===================================== "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." - Jesus, from Matthew 11:28-30
I'm starting another Yamaha Project, removing the bridge from the scrapped "demo" FG-110 to be 3D modelled to make replacement bridges. Which, ironically, will be needed for my next project, the 1973 FG-360.