NAAAAAH!!! Less glue. Maybe a little more experience helped. I like taking necks off. It's the rest of the process I'm not crazy about. Maybe I just need to finish the one's I already have apart and the experience will help it go easier. NAAAAAH!!!
Well, I started the neck reset a few days ago. This is going to be an ugly one. I tried to chip off the probable Titebond they used on the neck joint and a few chips of finish can off. And a small chunk of the heel!! And there's still the haze of the glue visible all around the heel area. I may try to lightly sand all around the area and polish it. But that will have to wait until after the neck reset is done. There goes the value of this one!
I FINALLY got the neck reset done for this guitar after starting it over 16 months ago! I also made a new aluminum saddle and bone nut. I had bought some capacitors from Radio Shack but I just noticed I bought the wrong values, I should have bought SMALLER not LARGER! Radio Shack only sells 1 size smaller and I can hook them in series to lower the capacitance. Ordered 5 sets.
The best part is, even though it looked a bit like a basket case when I first took it apart, it looks pretty good and sounds VERY good.